Author Topic: So, how is everyone? (Pretty dead around the forums at the moment?!) - SENTIMENT  (Read 3919 times)

• Offline Dave

Some of you guys are getting your dates slightly wrong I think - the forums weren't around in 95 and probably not in 98 either. There was power computing as Nige has pointed out which then changed name to the over clocking store... that would have been 99 - 2000-ish... Pretty sure Sam started them in 1st year uni when he was in halls. Tekheads was set up by Sam when he'd sold/left OCS - I was sharing a house with him in Sheffield at the time and was in 2nd year of uni so would have been 2000-2001 OCS carried on for a bit after Steve and Sam left but lots of posters moved across from the OSC forums to the tekheads forums... then renamed Big forums briefly and then to Tekforums. Meanwhile the OCS company & forums died not long after...

• Tekforums.net - It's new and improved!
  • Offline Clock'd 0Ne

• Clockedtastic
  • Administrator
It's hard to remember the dates but I think you're right actually. It was while I was still at secondary school that I joined, must have been around 99/2k then.

oh and we cant forget the 'we lost the s' madness when the domain name expired and was sniped  :rofl:

I keep seeing this tread and wanting to post, but broken wrist means typing with one hand, which does my head in

I keep seeing this tread and wanting to post, but broken wrist means typing with one hand, which does my head in

dragon dicatate

• Offline bear

• Rutabaga
  • Global Moderator

Is that called shorthand ? ;)

I'm still here joined the 2nd time when OCS Forums disbanded, i was one of the Trading Forum Mods, the best one imo :P

Did originally join a few years before but didn't post much, remember seeing massive threads with 1000s of replies! GD was seriously busy! Bought a load of Slot A Athlons on this forum!

Currently working for an Auto Recycler (Scrap Yard) doing Online Sales mainly through Ebay

OOh, you got any Black EP3 Type R's in there?

• Offline Bacon

• Lettuce Tomato
  • Global Moderator
I'm still here joined the 2nd time when OCS Forums disbanded, i was one of the Trading Forum Mods, the best one imo :P

Did originally join a few years before but didn't post much, remember seeing massive threads with 1000s of replies! GD was seriously busy! Bought a load of Slot A Athlons on this forum!

Currently working for an Auto Recycler (Scrap Yard) doing Online Sales mainly through Ebay

OOh, you got any Black EP3 Type R's in there?

Not atm, the sportiest cars usually don't break as we get good money for them in one piece.

We have VX220 its a Cat B, so thats either a break or Track use, we also have a 350z with light NSF, the only Type R we had came in with a stripped engine and wen't out in one piece again.

I get loads of aftermarket bits, optional extras, sold a few nice bits on Ebay, notable items would be Toyota Altezza JDM Grille, Rear Bumper with Lower Apron, Hella Magic Colour MK2 Rear Lamps, Zender Spoilers, loads of M-Sport wheels & E36 M3 Goodies, E30 Saloon / Baur parts etc

The only Type R part i have is a Front Lower Spoiler / Splitter 71110-S5T finished in NH623M, i put it up for £100 as its basically NOS Honda, but i'll likely drop the price or put a B/O on it eventually.

I also sell a fair bit of stuff for friends & family

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_ipg=50&_ssn=quids_in&_sop=10
Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 22:59:35 PM by Bacon #187;
Insert signature here.

Ah cool, thanks anyway.   I took a chance on a cat d type r,  just building it back up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Offline GaviN

i still pop my head in every now and then !

hi everyone!

• Offline skidzilla

• 夢を見られた・・・
Hello. :wave:

I 'think' I joined around 2001-2002, IIRC.